need advise on grid like control...

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 14:25:55 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, August 24, 2004, at 11:06 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> So, anyone here got an advise? I am planning to make a grid like this:
> * first column is a status column is a status one, it will show a
> image (red ball or green ball depending on the status)
> * second column is a string with the project task title (yes, variable
> width...)
> * from the third and beyond, I would like to put the days and color
> them depending on the context.
>
> why is it so hard?

There's good news and bad news. If you use an individual field object
for each table cell and you write a docking handler that allows for loc
and rect changes then you have a very powerful library that does what
you need. This could be the beginning of reinventing the spreadsheet.
Perhaps someone has already created such a stack?

Mark