need advise on grid like control...

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Aug 24 14:23:36 EDT 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> So, anyone here got an advise? I am planning to make a grid like this:
> * first column is a status column is a status one, it will show a
> image (red ball or green ball depending on the status)
> * second column is a string with the project task title (yes, variable
> width...)
> * from the third and beyond, I would like to put the days and color
> them depending on the context.
>
> why is it so hard?

This is the sort of "data grid" that I have been saying is lacking in
Rev currently - though you have some additional and specific needs.
There is a popular feature request in -
<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/bugdatabase/votes.cgi?
action=show_bug&bug_id=670>

Which I see you have already committed 5 votes to. The current total
for that feature is at 131 votes, which is pretty high among requested
features.

I've taken some rough stabs at creating them in Transcript, but I don't
have the patience or the Transcript finesse with fields to get them to
work correctly.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.