need advise on grid like control...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 14:06:36 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I am building a little project manager here. I would like to be able to
show a calendar like control so that the user could grasp the big
picture of his project, like iCal and MS Project do. I am finding the
field control very bad for it, the tabStops thing is horrible to design
grids, I must calculate the biggest string, make arcane math to find
how much pixels it will take and set the tabstops so that they do not
overlap and so on... I thought about using the htmlText property and
render a HTML table, but hey, my fields are not rendering the <table>
tag... A choice would be using altBrowser, but I am in crossplatform
hell I think, for I am developing for windows but on a mac, so
althought I could deploy altBrowser, I can use it here in the Dev
enviroment (unless altBroswer for mac is out)!

So, anyone here got an advise? I am planning to make a grid like this:
* first column is a status column is a status one, it will show a image
(red ball or green ball depending on the status)
* second column is a string with the project task title (yes, variable
width...)
* from the third and beyond, I would like to put the days and color
them depending on the context.

why is it so hard?

andre
--