Printing Text & Juxtaposed Images

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Aug 24 11:28:37 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Is there some magic formula (or a later version of RR) needed to get
text to print over &/or under an image without distortion?

I've tried printing two different cards in different stacks using RR
2.1.2 & Mac OS 10.2 and RR 2.0b1 & Mac OS 9 [same HP printer].  In
one stack, text over/under the transparent portions of a gif is
distorted differently depending on whether the field containing the
text is in a higher or lower layer than the image.  In the other I am
printing text in a transparent field over an image with a blendLevel
of 80, and the text is printed with a white shadow around it [and
remains so if blendLevel is set to 0.
--
Rob Cozens, Staff Conservator
Mendonoma Marine Life Conservancy

"Knowledge of the oceans is more than a matter of curiosity.
  Our very survival may depend upon it."

  -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1961