Silent beeps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 23 18:47:05 EDT 2004

On 8/23/04 5:28 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Thanks, Jacque... and I just tested it in SuperCard on OS X and it's the
> same thing, so it's definitely an OS issue.

So I solved two in one day -- I just found the cause of my silent beep
problem too. There is a difference on Mac OS X between the system beep
and the warning beep. They have different settings in the user prefs. I
was testing with the Finder sound menu, which works fine, only it is
using the system volume. Meanwhile, the warning beep was set to volume 0
in the system prefs, and Rev's "beep" command triggers the warning
sound. Duh.

I know I didn't reset this pref, but I think I'll just write it off as
one of those mysterious things that go bump in the night.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com