Send variables back to Rev from Applescript

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Aug 20 14:06:04 EDT 2004

On 8/20/04 11:05 AM, "Marian Petrides" <mpetrides at earthlink.net> wrote:

>     tell application "Palm Desktop"
>>         set numberOfMemos to count of memos
>>         set memoMemos to {}
>>         set loopIndex to 1
>>
>>         -- find all Memo Pad Memos (memos with no attachments) and put
>> them
>> in memoMemos
>>         repeat numberOfMemos times
>>             set theMemo to item loopIndex of memos
>>             if (count of attachments of theMemo) is 0 then
>>                 set end of memoMemos to theMemo
>>             end if
>>             set loopIndex to loopIndex + 1
>>         end repeat
>>         return loopIndex
>>     end tell

Marian, I got Palm Desktop and tried the code in Script Editor and got an
access error in trying to access the memo with "item loopIndex of memos".
When I changed the code to this:

tell application "Palm Desktop"
    set numberOfMemos to count of memos
    set memoMemos to {}
    set loopIndex to 1

    -- find all Memo Pad Memos (memos with no attachments) and put them in
memoMemos
    repeat with x from 1 to numberOfMemos
        set theMemo to memo x
        if (count of attachments of theMemo) is 0 then
            set end of memoMemos to theMemo
        end if
        set loopIndex to loopIndex + 1
    end repeat
    return loopIndex
end tell

It worked in Script Editor. I then tried it by pasting it into a Rev field
and did "do fld 1 as applescript;put the result" and it came back with the
same number.

Try it on your end...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software