Send variables back to Rev from Applescript

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Aug 20 11:07:48 EDT 2004

On Aug 20, 2004, at 9:46 AM, Thierry Arbellot wrote:

> you should remove the quotes if you put the script into a field
> try like this:
> get (system attribute "ram ") / 1048 div 1000

Yes, I have to say, the AppleScript is fun. After Scott Rossi posted
his iTunes app for review I got inspired, and created something I
needed for my application. Now my "registered users" stack has a
library stack which -

- creates an email to the selected user in Mail.app
- sets the subject
- adds the body based on template fields
- adds a specified signature
- chooses the proper "send from" account
- adds a file attachment

So one click of a button sends them an email, from the correct account,
which includes their registration codes, default messages, a tech
support vCard, etc. Of course, the entire process is pretty slow,
comparatively. Takes probably a second. ;-)

Very cool and fun stuff.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.