Accessing other stacks in LibCGI

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 01:52:42 EDT 2004

--- Rodney Tamblyn <rodney at oceanbrowser.com> wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
> You *think* (you'll need to check this) you can
> access data in custom
> properties of stacks, but not fields, when the stack
> is accessed by the
> command line engine.  e.g. you can start using a
> stack, and execute a
> function that may (for example) retrieve data stored
> in a custom
> property of the stack, but you cannot navigate to a
> card, get a field
> etc.
>
> ~ Rodney

Actually, why not just go to the right card in the
stack and execute the function ? I made a simple test
stack with a single bakcground field "Memo" and the
following cgi-scripts to test :

1. newmemo.mt
--
#!revolution
on startUp
  open stack "smemo.rev"
  go last card
  create card
  put "I made this with the cgi-engine," && \
      the internet date && "!" into field "memo"
  save stack "smemo.rev"
  close stack "smemo.rev"
  put "Added 1 card" into tBuffer
  put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr
  put "Content-Length:" && length(tBuffer) & cr & cr
  put tBuffer
end startUp
--

2. showmemo.mt
--
  put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr
  put "Content-Length:" && length(tBuffer) & cr & cr
  put tBuffer
end startUp
--

I triggered newmemo a couple of times, checked the
content with Revolution to make sure there was data in

[And before any of the security experts say anything,
this is running on a separate box on my local network
so security is not an issue for these tests]

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel