Detect installed packages under Windows? (may be slightly OT)

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Aug 17 14:58:43 EDT 2004

Does anyone know of any easy way to determine if some particular
software program is installed under Windows?

Specifically, I need to know if the PostgreSQL database server package
is installed on the computer running a Revolution standalone.

(I would settle for detecting the current beta version installed MSI
package; I can't just look for the files, since the location might not
be the default one).

Thank you!

Signup at www.doteasy.com