Windows MIDI conversion question

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:36:43 EDT 2004

I'm NOT on drugs!  (really, I'm not!).

>From Jonathan's post to this list (I think):

OK, I just sent the message out. If you don't see the message appear on
the RunRev list within the next few minutes, forward this to them:

is:

http://www.angelfire.com/d20/jrdesktop/misc/playcmdwin.zip

It includes the application and the Read Me file.

I haven't done much testing on it, but it should work fine since the
only thing I changed was how to talk to it.

There are two ways to talk to PlayCommand Agent. I haven't done much
testing of this, so I don't know which way will work the best.

One way is from the command line:

PlayCmdAgent quit
PlayCmdAgent play musicbox 100 eq cq eq qr eq cq eq
PlayCmdAgent playstr musicbox eq cq eq qr eq cq eq tempo 100
PlayCmdAgent playnote musicbox 60 127

The syntax is:

PlayCmdAgent quit
PlayCmdAgent playstr <string>

The other way is to write one of these commands to a text file in
C:\WINDOWS\ called PLAYCMD.EVT. As soon as the file is readable and
nonempty, the command will be picked up and the file will be deleted
automatically.

BIf you have any questions, please send them to jonrelay

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 8/16/04 9:53 PM, Judy Perry wrote:
>
> > IIRC, there IS a Windows version of Shakobox...
>
> Nope; only for Mac. That's because it uses AppleScript.
>

> > Judy
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Erik Hansen wrote:

7napanet.net and
put [HCC] in the subject line. I am not subscribed to this list so I
won't see any responses made on this list.