tiny analog clock

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Aug 17 12:30:23 EDT 2004

For those who like to fiddle with tiny analog clocks put this in a
button:

on mouseUp
   if there is no grp "Clock" then goCreateOne
   if the optionkey is down then
     set the runclock of grp "clock" to false
     exit to top
   end if
   setBackFace
end mouseUp

on setBackFace
   if there is no grp "Clock" then goCreateOne
   if  the cHMS of grp "clock" is 10,14,15 then
     ### radius of backface
     put 10 into tR
     ### length of hours, minutes and seconds hand
     set the cHMS of grp "clock" to 7,9,10
   else
     put 15 into tR
     set the cHMS of grp "clock" to 10,14,15
   end if
   put 0,0 & cr & 0,1 & cr & 1,1 & cr & 1,0 & cr & 0,0 into tA
   put 0,0 & cr & 0,1 & cr & -1,1 & cr & -1,0 & cr & 0,0 into tAA
   if the points of grc "backface" = "" then
     put the right of me + 30 into x
     put item 2 of the loc of me into y
   else
     put item 1 of the loc of grp "clock" into x
     put item 2 of the loc of grp "clock" into y
   end if
   put (2 * pi / 12) into sRad
   repeat with i = 1 to 12
     put trunc(tR * cos (sRad * i)) + x into a
     put trunc(tR * sin (sRad * i)) + y into b
     if i = 12 or i = 9 then
       repeat for each line j in tAA
         put item 1 of j + a,item 2 of j + b & cr after aTemp
       end repeat
       put cr after aTemp
     else if i mod 3 = 0 then
       repeat for each line j in tA
         put item 1 of j + a,item 2 of j + b & cr after aTemp
       end repeat
       put cr after aTemp
     else put  a,b &  cr &  a,b &  cr & cr after aTemp
   end repeat
   set the points of grc "backFace" to aTemp
   set the points of grc "secondsHand" to ""
   set the rect of grc "secondsHand" to the rect of of grc "backFace"
   set the points of grc "shadowHands" to ""
   set the rect of grc "shadowHands" to the rect of of grc "backFace"
   set the points of grc "timeGraph" to ""
   set the rect of grc "timeGraph" to the rect of of grc "backFace"
   set the runclock of grp "clock" to true
   send "SetHands 0" to grp "clock"
end setBackFace

on goCreateOne
   set the style of the templategraphic to polygon
   set the opaque of the templategraphic to false  ### to make <open>
polygons
   set the linesize of the templategraphic to 1
   create grc "backFace"
   put the name of grc "backFace" && "and " after tList
   set the colors of grc "backFace" to 88,88,88
   set the linesize of the templategraphic to 2
   create grc "shadowHands"
   put the name of grc "shadowHands" && "and " after tList
   set the colors of grc "shadowHands" to 170,170,170
   set the linesize of the templategraphic to 1
   create grc "timeGraph"
   put the name of grc "timeGraph" && "and " after tList
   set the colors of grc "timeGraph" to 50,50,50
   set the linesize of the templategraphic to 1
   create grc "secondsHand"
   set the colors of grc "secondsHand" to red
   put the name of grc "secondsHand" after tList
   do "group" && tList
   set the name of last grp to "Clock"
   get the script of me
   set the script of grp "clock" to line lineoffset("on SetHands", it)
to -1 of it
   choose browse tool
end goCreateOne

on SetHands timeOffset
   put (2 * pi / 60) into sRad
   convert the seconds + timeOffset to dateItems
   put (item 4 of it * 5) + (item 5 of it/12) - 15,\
       item 5 of it - 15,item 6 of it - 15,\
       item 6 of it + 15 into tTime
   repeat with j = 1 to 3
     put the loc of me & cr & \
         round(item j of the cHMS of me * cos (sRad * item j of tTime))
+ \
         item 1 of the loc of me, \
         round(item j of the cHMS of me * sin (sRad * item j of tTime))
+ \
         item 2 of the loc of me & cr after thepoints
   end repeat
   set the points of grc "secondsHand" to line 5 to 6 of thePoints
   set the points of grc "shadowHands" to line 1 to 4 of thePoints
   set the points of grc "timegraph" to line 1 to 4 of thePoints
   if the runclock of me then send "setHands" && timeOffset to me in 1
sec
end SetHands

Beware of the mail line wraps.
Enjoy,