MIDI tools

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Aug 17 12:53:32 EDT 2004

Hi. Back on this again.

> Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:08:45 -0400
> From: Kurt Kaufman <kkaufman at snet.net>
> Subject: MIDI tools

>> What about MIDI tools, specifically, can we play notes live through an
>> onscreen keyboard with no latency.
>> Would it work with Rev?  How could it be implemented
>> cross-platform (the thing I'm interested in for these experiments)? I
>> wouldn't have a clue how to transform it into a Windows-useable DLL.
>>

> As  you indicate, the cross-platform issue is the challenge.
>
> In reference to your question above, I'm guessing that you would have
> to have an external that would interact with QT for Windows, or
> alternately one that might work through the underlying mechanism used
> by the Windows Media Player to play MIDI files.

I guess my question is: Does anyone here have that capability?

Media Player MIDI files might be great SA addition, but since most of the
other stuff (a chord maker, chord progression maker, recorder, and live
instrument player with an onscreen keyboard and special perussion/effects
player) will be using QT, then the platform must have it aboard anyway.

So, yes, can anyone here develop a QuickNotes type of external to work with
Rev on a Windows platform?

Ken N.