Rev web presence

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Tue Aug 17 10:34:55 EDT 2004

I've been reading posts here alluding to DreamCard but didn't really
know what it was, so I Googled it and was directed to broken links and
then found a link to http://revolution.runrev.com where there appears
to be a new site taking shape?  I'm just airing the confusion I've felt
navigating the Revolution web world, even the straight runrev.com site.

I've wanted to turn people on to the power of Revolution, but for the
uninitiated person visiting the site, I'm not sure how appealingly the
product and its offshoots is being portrayed.  I think I can say this:
If I had no prior scripting experience with HyperCard/Supercard and
hadn't heard MetaCard's praises sung on the latter list, I don't think
I would buy into the Rev. product as a newcomer.  I say all of this as
a constructive observation.  I think Revolution is an amazingly
powerful tool and interface.

Mark Swindell