Should put URL file: create intervening folders?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue Aug 17 08:46:17 EDT 2004

When I call "put URL ftp:", it creates any intervening directories that
don't yet exist, e.g.

     put URL "ftp:/some/file/goes/here.txt"

will create /some and /some/file and /some/file/goes directories before
putting the file "here.txt".

The same thing doesn't seem happen when I use "put URL file:", i.e. any
missing folders are NOT created.  Is that correct, or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks,
-- Frank

p.s. I wish the docs were a little more explicit about this...

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/