Strange invisible error characters

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Aug 16 12:46:27 EDT 2004

Also I note from your email reply that the strange characters did not
survive a passage through the email. Both lines in the email below do not
have the evil characters.

I think I may have to run some kind of char to num function for each
character in the field to try to find out what they are and where they are
coming from. I was surprised to find that it wasn't from the MySQL.

On 8/16/04 12:14 PM, "Mark Brownell" <gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Monday, August 16, 2004, at 09:03 AM, Bill wrote:
>

>> Put "birth, nick, notes, board" into tData
>>
>> Put "birth, nick, notes, board" into tData
>>
>> Those two lines above look exactly alike but the first one gives an
>> error
>> and the second line does not. The first line is a cut and paste from
>> data
>> generated by my program and the second I typed by hand. There must be
>> an
>> invisible character in there. Also if I cut and paste the lines in and
>> out
>> of BBEdit to the message box in runrev the first line will only paste
>> as far
>> as Put "
>
> What happens if you paste from BBEdit to TextEdit then copy TextEdit
> and paste to Rev?
>
> Mark

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)