Educational uses for Rev

Mark Greenberg markgreenberg at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 08:07:33 EDT 2004

On Saturday, August 14, 2004, at 03:42 PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Marc, Did you ever receive any mails from Rev
> education mail list? I bet that you will feel
> at home in that list.

I don't see the education mailing list mentioned on the Rev web site.
Where can I subscribe to it?

>> For about 7 years my students have been using
>> computers to learn
>> through games that I have designed, and they have
>> made presentations
>> that include variable dependent animation.  For
>> instance, one student
>> made a stack that painted a picture randomly in one
>> of a dozen color
>> schemes and the player had to click on the type of
>> color scheme.
>> Another made a graph under the normal curve (for
>> Stat class) that
>> animated according to three different variables, all
>> entered by the
>> user.  There are scores more.
>
> Did you have a link to see these projects? :-)

I don't.  I develop them at home, or my students make them in class, to
be used on the lab computers at school.  There never was a need to make
them available on the Web.  I don't have a personal web site.  In the
past I have either emailed the stacks to interested people or sent them
through regular mail if they were too large for email.  All my Rev
stacks fit on one CD, and I'd be glad to send them to anyone who is
interested if they contact me off-list.  They are teaching-game stacks
mostly for the high school level.  Some of the stacks described in my
original post are not Rev stacks, but HyperStudio stacks scripted in
HyperLogo.

Mark Greenberg
English Teacher