How to detect which files need an update

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Aug 15 11:50:19 EDT 2004

On 8/15/04 2:36 AM, "Ton Cardona" <toncardona at mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot to Dar, Troy and Andre.
>
> The trouble is I am unable to convert the internet date I get from the
> FTP to seconds. Sounds silly, but I have tried again an again with no
> success and since the modification date in the files function is given
> in seconds, I am at a loss.

Ton, can you put the date into a variable and use "convert" on it? If not,
what error are you getting? It's my understanding that as long as the
internet date is formatted properly, it should work. I've used Rev's own
"internet date" format for my test, so if I do this:

  put the internet date
  -- returns: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:49:27 -0500

  put the internet date into tDate
  convert tDate to seconds
  put tDate
  -- returns 1092585002