How to detect which files need an update

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Aug 14 12:21:57 EDT 2004

On Aug 14, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Ton Cardona wrote:

> Although it is easy to detect the date of files in the FTP, I am
> unable to detect whether the files in the hard disk do need an update
> by comparing their dates to the dates of those in the FTP.

Maybe on each connection to the FTP you could create a local catalogue
which maintains a list of the current state of the remote folder, and
retain it in your program. The next time you connect, you compare them,
and download anything which has been modified, and then update your
local catalogue.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.