Open GL tools

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Aug 14 05:24:38 EDT 2004

Ken Norris asked:

Troy Rollins wrote:

> No, there are not currently such abilities.

Since I haven't seen any responses to this yet, I thought I'd chime in on
behalf of the iGame3D folks.  They have had a very cool and complex external
(Windows/Mac) in the works for some time now (see the list archives).  They
are primarily interested in creating a game development environment, but
have already tapped into much of what openGL offers.

At the recent Masters Summit conference in Monterey, I demonstrated a
developmental version of our own take on a 3D tool tentatively called
Stylizer3D.  Based on the iGame folks' technology, the goal is to provide a
set of primitive shapes with basic control over position, lighting and
textures.  Ideally we'd like to allow for importing vector information (ie
EPS or possibly Rev pointlists) -- Alejandro Tejada, are you listening? :-)

I can't say when any of this will be available for use, but the iGame guys
are working on it.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director