Best solution for building windows icon on mac?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Aug 13 13:05:07 EDT 2004

Hi Mark,

> What's the best solution for building a Windows icon on MacOs or OSX
> that
> will be compatible with the standalone maker v 2.1?

I'd recommend the Photoshop plugin "IconBuilder Pro", had no probs
creating ugly
icons in the correct filesize :-D

Get it here:

http://www.iconfactory.com/

> (16 bit 744 size)

Actually it is even worse -> 4 bit = 16 colors ;-)
AND these 16 colors have of course to be special 16 colors,
the first and last 8 colors of the win 8 bit system clut!

The worst colors of benetton :-D

But with version >= 2.2 you will need a new icon format...

> TIA
> Mark

Regards

Klaus Major