Educational uses for Rev

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 18:26:36 EDT 2004

> on Thu, 12 Aug 2004
> Kaj Schwermer wrote:
>

>> The English
>> language education market is a multibillion dollar
>> market in this
>> country alone, but decent software (language
>> teaching in Asia) is few
>> and far between.
>

>> I would be very interested in
>> hearing more about what
>> you have to say about potential applications
>> in this field.

You might want to take a look here,

<http://www.corporate-english.com>

and for something different here,

<http://www.eigotown.com/p_news/fred/index.shtml>

I'm not saying these are great pieces of language education software
(like everyone else, I have my own opinions on what good educational
software should do), but I think they illustrate some of the scope of
Revolution. (It isn't mentioned on the sites, but both products were
developed in Metacard/Revolution, including all the current server-side
CGI scripts for the Corporate English product.)

Cheers
Dave