Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 12 16:49:11 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Troy, you're obviously knowledgeable about both of these platforms.
> Based upon that knowledge, what do you think would be most difficult
> imaging tasks if you were to port your streamlogger app to Rev? This
> can give us valuable insight into the directions Rev might be able to
> take to have better imaging tools.

Would wrapping an external around something like image magick be
helpful in addressing some of Rev's shortcomings in the image
manipulation library?  I haven't used image magick but it seems to do
lots of neat things.  It would obviously be slower since it was wrapped
in an external but maybe it would still be fast enough to make Rev an
option in some projects that it currently isn't an option for.

I haven't looked at the feasibility of this, just wondering at this
point.

<http://www.imagemagick.org/>

--
Trevor DeVore