dBase lib

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 14:47:55 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Dave LeYanna wrote:

> Points well taken, none the less...
>
> Let me take a different approach here. How about creating libs (not an
> external) that have functions like open, close, set order to, seek,
> append,
> delete, pack, get, put and so on. The tables are in use now I just
> want to
> use Rev as a front end without ODBC. However if nothing like this
> exists I
> suppose that I'll have to decide if I want to take the time to make it
> (not
> likely) or not use Rev as the front end. I wonder about Python...
>
> Dave

Dave,

Do you need dbase files or can just be another format? You can use
serendipty library. It will not give you SQL but it will give you those
old school feeling using record pointers and navigation. Also, if the
problem is in the deployment you can always check Valentina or wait
till SQLite external is available, both will give you nice SQL
features.

Also, try doing windows in Python... it's awfull even using PyObjC...
Better use Rev. So the point is, it must be *.dbf files, like you want
to migrate old records, or it must be a simple filebased database with
no fuss?

Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL