Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Aug 12 14:45:22 EDT 2004

On 8/12/04 12:30 PM, "Troy Rollins" <troy at rpsystems.net> wrote:

> And, I'm not "all about Director" either, BTW. But, the product is a
> pretty powerful and viable one. Rev is amazing, but try as this list
> might, it is NOT the be-all end-all in all categories. It can be easily
> outperformed in image processing.

There are several areas where Rev is excellent, some where it is good, some
where it is poor, etc. I think so long as we all are trying to work with
RunRev to shore up the "non-excellent" points of the product, it will only
continue to get better and better.

One way to do this is to look at what other development tools do well and
see if there's a way to add this functionality to Rev. As Troy said:

> I'd like to see Rev be more capable in this regard, so that I don't
> have to maintain knowledge in several IDEs to accomplish my goals.

I totally agree. It is good to have several tools in the "toolbox", but if
you can have an "all-in-one" tool (or as close to it as possible), you don't
need to reach into the toolbox for other tools quite so often.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com