Cross platform fonts question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 12 12:26:20 EDT 2004

Mark Swindell wrote:
> I then suggested two ways that "might" make this thorn in the side more
> manageable:
>
> 1) Revolution itself investing in and distributing a limited number of
> font faces which would be identical across platforms (requiring
> individuals to hire fontographers on their own is not viable).

How many app designers want to ignore the standard fonts for all target
platforms to use a typeface standard to none?

For the subset of cases where that might be useful there are free fonts
available; I have a loooooooooooong list of things I'd like to see
RunRev do before they also become a type foundry.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation