Way to print contents of scrolling group?

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:22:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:27:11 EDT, rgould8 at aol.com <rgould8 at aol.com> wrote:
> I've got a group of objects that are grouped together within a scrolling
> group object on a card, and I'd like to print the contents of that
> group, even though it's not all visible on the screen at once?   Is this possible
> in Rev?  All the parameters for the print command appear to be card and
> stack-related, not object-related.

You can do this by expanding the group to its full size (even if it's
larger than the screen rect) and using a script on Ken Ray's website
called "How to Export a Card Image"
(http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/imag007.htm). This
will export the full image to a graphic file which you can then print.

I've done this with a very large group (3000 X 3000 pixels). It's a
little tricky if you don't want the user to see the expansion of the
group. You have to use judicious placement of Lock/Unlock screen
commands. However, if you put them in the wrong place, you'll get a
black image for anything larger than the screen rect.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein