Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 12 02:41:57 EDT 2004

On 12/08/2004, at 3:57 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com>
> Date: 12 August 2004 3:57:52 PM
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits
>

> Troy,
>
> Thanks for your comments. Here are some questions.
>
> In Director, can you composite 4 images, one on the top of each other,
> each with a transparent alpha channel, and export the final single
> composited image as a PNG with alpha channel intact? I know they can
> be 'overlayed' on top of each other, but combining them into a single
> image with the 'sum of the alphas' is quite a different thing. This is
> not a simple image snapshot I'm talking about.

Director actually has some very nice image editing/creation
capabilities. Check out the getPixel and setPixel commands. I'm not
saying Rev can't do the same sort or better (maybe it can, maybe it
can't) but (and it's been a while since I've visited this site) check
out some of the stuff at
http://www.setpixel.com

Cheers,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne