ActiveX and RR

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 9 23:06:05 EDT 2004

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard-
>
> It's been years since I've used ToolBook, and I no longer remember the
> syntax for doing these things, so I went and took a look at the new
> web site:
>
> http://www.sumtotalsystems.com/toolbook/demos/flash/unsupported/unsupported.html
>
> So far I'm not impressed.

I'm not suggesting anyone use ToolBook; Rev is smaller, faster, and even
the Enterprise version costs less than half as much so there would be no
need.

My only point is that if we're going to explore ways to add optional
type declarations to the language we don't need to reinvent that wheel.

Extra bonus points:  if we use the long-established conventions ToolBook
already has for this, it makes it that much easier for those users to
switch to Rev if they're as impressed by the new owners as you are. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation