Further on Platform Specificity

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Aug 9 00:31:37 EDT 2004

Dar,

You can use 'profiles' in RR to accomodate for the various discrepencies
in font size and type on the different platforms. Like Richard, I've
'rolled my own' tools to do the same.

Basically, on startup, I check to see what platform there is, then get a
list of controls which need platform-specific customizing. I then change
the settings for each control (including rect and position).

I have a plugin which allows me to setup all of this automatically. It
currently is not available, as I don't wish to provide support for it.
But if you're interested, holler at me offlist and I'll send you a copy.

One more note. I tend to set the default font for all stacks to Tahoma.
It's available on both Mac and PC and doesn't 'move around' as much.
Plus, it anti-aliases very nice on both platforms. I've noticed Scott
Rossi likes Verdana as well.

best,

Chipp