Localizer - Transcriptlator - opinion request

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Aug 7 18:08:37 EDT 2004

MisterX-

M> The last piece I added to this stack is a parser that finds
M> all your local assignments and puts them into the script if
M> missing. This script also recognizes also the locals assigned

We're obviously thinking along the same lines here. I've just been
finishing off and getting ready to publish my Stack Analyzer that has
this as one of its tasks (also namespace conflicts, unquoted string
literals, etc).

M> So the question is whether this last script should be made
M> available separately in a stack from the other translators?

My feeling is that this is a separate feature from cross-language
translation. They're obviously related issues, but there are some
things that are rev-specific, or are at least frowned on in other
languages, and that therefore seem to be out of the realm of
translation itself. I'm in particular thinking of the strong typing
present in C and java, and to a lesser extent in basic.

BTW - if you start a new thread with a real subject line instead of
replying to the middle of an existing one there's more of a chance it
will be seen. I missed your original message the first time through
because it was buried in a thread that I was ignoring.

--
 -Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net