Is Rev too "Mac focused"?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Aug 7 19:24:30 EDT 2004

Ken....

What you are saying here is that you want a cross-platform tool that
still allows you to do very platform-specific code. Or maybe you don't
care about cross-platform as long as you can use the system-specific
stuff. Either way, I can tell you from bitter experience that creating
a tool designed to be xplat and then opening the door to proprietary
OS-based code is a path to disaster for the tool maker and ultimately
for developers, particularly inventive users who find themselves
trapped on a single platform by a bad, poorly understood decision.

There has *never* been a true xplat development tool of which I am
aware that successfully used native system calls and opened the native
system API. That way lies danger, methinks.