imagedata problem Ken Ray

FMoyer at aol.com FMoyer at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 18:49:00 EDT 2004

Does anyone else have this experience? -- I'm trying to analyze the imagedata
of a whole bunch of grayscale images.

The problem is that the imagedata for almost every pixel is:
     0,191,191,191
or
     0,85,85,85
or
     0,200,200,200

Each image has its own favorite number and it seems to make no difference
whether the pixel is actually white or black or gray.   On the other hand, there
are parts of the image (usually the far left side or the far right side) where
believable numbers suddenly appear.

These images are bxw tiffs that I turned into transparent gifs in
GraphicConverter. But I don't understand: if the imageData is corrupt, why do the images
look fine?

Any ideas how I can figure out the correct imagedata? Maybe I'm mistaken, but
I'm expecting to see white pixels listed as: "0,255,255,255" and black
pixels: "0,0,0,0"

Thanks.
Fred Moyer