image size and depth

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Aug 7 11:24:06 EDT 2004

Bon jour Yves,

> Le 07-août-04, à 08:04, Chipp Walters a écrit :
>
>> Yves,
>> You might want to check out
>>
>> altResizeImgLib
>> at
>> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/runrev/Downloads.htm
>> The library doesn't explicitly reset the dpi, but it will resize it,
>> and you can check the dpi after exporting...
>>
>> -Chipp
>
> Hi Chipp,
>
> thank for the stack for resizing
> but, how can I change de dpi, I don't understand your tip : "and you
> can check the dpi after exporting..."

i am sorry, but Rev, like many other apps that are NO image-editing
apps, are not even aware
of something like DPI...

These app, incl. Rev, treat every image "as is", that means x pixels in
width and y pixels in height
but with screen-resolution = 72 dpi...

You will have to do some calculations and resize your image to that
amount in pixels that will
fit to a given DPI, but you will have to change the DPI in an image
editing app like Graphic Converter etc...

Hope that helps...

> thank you.
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE