Plea to sell Dan's book widely

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Aug 7 02:15:45 EDT 2004

Troy,

Good points, all. But I also believe there is too much 'Mac' centric
focus in RR. The GUI is completely Mac based, and so is much of the
marketing focus. Though, this does represent the 'low-hanging fruit', RR
won't ever truly make inroads onto other platforms w/out a concerted
marketing effort by the company.

Also, we can easily see where HyperCard, SuperCard and other
'Mac-centric' authoring environments have ended up. I think it's
eventually in RR's best interest to focus on other platforms, else the
find themselves in the same situation as the other lanquished Mac Xtalk
authoring environments. And remember, both Flash and Director found some
success on PC's, and originally shipped with an Xtalk language.

Your point below is quite cogent.

-Chipp