impossible menus

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Aug 5 01:14:16 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Im working on my next tool plug in and experiencing a really dreadfull
feeling that I got no solution... Maybe someone here knows how...

I got a toolbar with some menu buttons. I've made some cool images to
color the buttons backcolor and hilite. So far it looks quick arse.
Last but not least, the card's backcolor was also set to a nice patter.

When you pulldown the menu however, the backcolor of the menu itself is
the pattern! To make tihngs worse, if you made the menu pulldown or popup
you get two different patterning results! Interesting...

So I thought I'd change the backcolor when the mouse is down and restore
the backpattern when the mouse is up! ;( doesn't work.

I thought I'd make the button not opaque, but then you dont get the hilite
pattern.

IS THERE NO WAY TO MAKE THE MENU STANDARD WHITE?

Sure, I set the backcolor of the menu to white... transparent with a
background
image...

Is there no more efficient way of doing this?

Somehow, in the middle of the experiment of change things to find a solution
I got it to work! Opaque, backpattern and white menu... But after one
change,
it stopped working. I have not been able to put it back how it was! Another
glitch?

Thanks for any solutions... As an option menu it works fine! But option
menus
dont have checkmarks, or disabled items IOW: even less standard...

cheers
Xavier