unresponsive menus

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Aug 4 14:59:52 EDT 2004

On 8/3/04 4:17 PM, "moe2 at shaw.ca" <moe2 at shaw.ca> wrote:

> im an old HC¹er, using OS 9 on an iMac. i have just downloaded the RR trial
> version. RR opens fine. i select the ³Help² menu
> ... then i see menuItem  ³Documentation   cmd-?²
> so i try cmd-? ... nothing happens
> but  cmd-shift-?  works ... is this a bug?

Personally I think it is a bug - even though *technically* to get the ? you
need to hold down the shift key, I still think that RR should trap both
cmd-/ and cmd-shift-/ to activate the Cmd-? Documentation menu item.

> i see there is no ³checkmark² beside the menuItem ³Documentation² in ³Help²
> menu when the ³Documentation² window is open. is this a bug?
> ... the menuItems in the ³View² menu have checkmarks!

No, I don't think so. I've seen many apps that don't toggle the checkmarks
for non-palette windows.

> so then i select menuItem ³Transcript Dictionary² in menu ³Help²  ...
> nothing happens. is this a bug?

Yup. The already open documentation window should shift to show the TD...
it's not.

> i close the Documentation window. select menuItem ³Transcript Dictionary² in
> menu ³Help² ... this works ... and very nice too i might add ... but no
> checkMark beside the menuItem. is this a bug?

No, for the same reason as the Documentation menu item I mentioned above.

> then i select menuItem ³Documentation² in the ³Help² menu
>    ... nothing happens ... is this a bug?

Yes. Same as the bug above - basically they need to switch the docs to
whatever is selected in the Help menu.

> is someone going to address these in the current beta version ?

I hope so, but I know right now there's a focus on fixing functional bugs
vs. cosmetic ones, so it may not be addressed in the next version of Rev.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/