margins and tabstops

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Aug 4 14:57:44 EDT 2004

>>I have not tried this, but I believe you can obtain the same "out
>>of sync"ness by radically changing the font size of the field's
>>contents.
>
>No, a tab at 200 is a tab at 200.
>
>>You need to account for your margins and font size if you want
>>vGrids to change dynamically when margins &/or font size changes.
>
>Only one size and font and style...
>
>Please try it out by yourself, you have to see it ;-)

Yes, I see it now, Klaus;

If I didn't know better, I'd say the field is acting like a
right-justified column in a spreadsheet.

Just as strange, if I make the font size large enough, the end of the
text before the tab disappears under the text after the tab.  This
conjures up memories of left-justified spreadsheet entries.

Is it just coincidence that Vertical grid is listed among Table properties?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company