How do I allow quotation marks in input text?

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:49:19 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:02:37 -0400, Stephen Paul McNutt
<stephenmcnutt at mac.com> wrote:
> I've got a field into which users enter questions for a game, but
> single and double quotation marks don't display properly later when
> they appear in the game.  They become boxes.  Is this a font issue?
> I've tried several fonts.  I thought it was because the quotation marks
> were reserved characters, but they don't end the display of the string
> as I'd expect if they were.

It's not clear exactly what you mean. For example, if your user enters
the following into a field:

This is some "text" with 'quote' marks.

You should be able to move this text around (put fld "questions" into
fld "answers") with no problems and the quotes will come right along.

Maybe you can give some examples of what you're trying to do and what
happens when you do it.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein