Switch statement

Nonsanity nonsanity at fluffandsuch.com
Wed Aug 4 10:56:41 EDT 2004

If you are searching for your words in a larger string, then this won't
work with a case statement. Case statements are better (that is,
slightly faster - maybe) than if-then-else chains when you are comparing
a single variable with multiple constants. If you need to perform
processing (like a "contains" find-like command) or use multiple
variables and conditions, or compare against other variables... Then
case is not the way to go. If your "Text" variable contains nothing but
"ballast", "bulk", or something else, then just drop the "contains"
keyword. If "Text" is a larger string, like "16-ton ballast" (which in
your case it is), then switch to a chained if-then-else:

if "ballast" is in Text then
     put "no cargo" into fld "e4"
else if "bulk" is in Text then
     put "oil bunkjers into fld "e5"