How to add Database Library to CGI engine?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 15:11:17 EDT 2004

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Uh... my MC engine for Linux is failing on
> revOpenDatabase, I assume
> this is due to a lack of the library itself for the
> error is like
> handler unknown... is there any trick to add DB
> support to a CGI?
> Man... I should know better...
>
> andre

Hi Andre,

The last published Revolution cgi-engines can be found
at :
<ftp://ftp.runrev.com/pub/revolution/downloads/engines/2.0/cgi>

These should support revdb calls ; the only tricky
part may be that you'll have to copy the database
drivers from a full Linux distribution, and use the
revSetDatabaseDriverPath command to point to the right
location.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====