Saving and Talking

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Aug 2 23:34:12 EDT 2004

It sounds like the revSpeech bundle is being loaded when you build a
standalone with all the stacks in a single file, but when you separate
out the sub-stacks to make them writable, the revSpeech bundle isn't

Which stack loads the bundle and is that stack in use? Here is a
section from a routine that I use for a Mac OS X bundle - your path may
vary:

on enableLibraries
   put the fileName of stack "Splash" into tFile
   set the itemDel to "/"
   delete last item of tFile
   set the externals of stack "Main" to tFile &
"/externals/revspeech.bundle"
   start using stack "Main"
end enableLibraries

The key is to make sure that whatever stack loads the speech is in use.

Cheers,
Sarah