Determining type of drive a file is on

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Aug 2 19:26:10 EDT 2004

How about:
Get a list of all the attached volumes, names and sizes
See if the USB drive that you initialized is visible and see if it is
the same size as what you configured it to be.
Then see that you are running from that volume.
Not fool proof but it's a start.
If you have a way to read a specific block on the drive, you could use
that data to provide yet another check. Put a tiny 1K file on the
drive, add your file to the drive. Delete the 1K file. It will look
like there is just your drive but if they duplicate the whole thing to
another USB key, that 1K blank space won't be there.
Kee