Advise on enterprize application.

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Aug 2 17:17:40 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 1:57 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> thanks to your quick response. I was thinking about it... I was trying
> to make one app, not two, but I think that's the way to go, the time
> I'll take to create a HTML interface is bigger thant the one I'll use
> to modify the current rev interface, now let's build a server...
> (heck!)

If you've already written the interface in Rev and depending on how
separate your data fetching code is from your interface code then it
should be a breeze.  I like to have data fetching functions which
return arrays that I build the interface from so if I ever do need to
change my data source I don't have to modify anything but the data
acquisition library.

Creating a good application interface using HTML will depress you.  If
you want to do it right you will have all sorts of browser
compatibility issues to deal with and it is difficult to mimic basic
functionality available in a desktop app.  Writing an DB interface on
the server shouldn't take too long.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia