First Use = vscroll

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Aug 2 13:11:56 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 9:24 AM, Nonsanity wrote:

> The other problem was the seeming lack of a way to set the scroll of a
> text field from a script. Not knowing the current whereabouts of
> Danny's old book, I'm going on memory but shouldn't there be a command
> like:
>
> set the scroll of fld "Output" to 30000
>
> I often used this to scroll to the bottom of a long field that I was
> continually adding to.

That is exactly what I use it for also. I'll have a log field where the
data is display chronologically and as I add stuff to it, I set the
scroll so that the new stuff is visible and the old stuff scrolls off
the top of the screen.

do a search in the runrev docs for vscroll

should show you the functionality you need. And if you also want
horizontal scroll, look at hscroll

Kee Nethery