Pamela crisis -- Found corrupt substack

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Aug 2 00:33:37 EDT 2004

Pam,

I looked at your stack and decided that I'd take the "no frills" approach
and try opening it with lockMessages on in MetaCard on Windows. I
immediately got the error:

  "Can't open stack because stack is corrupted, check for ~ backup file."

So since MC can open Rev files without problems, you definitely had a
corrupted file. The next thing to determine was just *where* the corruption
existed.

After individually removing substacks and testing, it turns out that the
substack "MONGOL_EDIT" is corrupt. I would highly recommend rebuilding this
stack from scratch if you can in order to remove the corruption. Once this
is done, you should be able to build an executable under Windows as normal.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/