RevDocs 2.12 Available in HTML

Robert J Warren warren at howsoft.com
Fri Apr 30 15:13:22 EDT 2004

Dear Runrev Colleagues,

If you would like to examine the said revdocs.htm, it is available for
download at http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/

 I can do no better than to quote the e-mail I sent to Kevin yesterday and
his replies:

On 29/4/04 10:08 pm, Robert J Warren <warren at howsoft.com> wrote:

> One of the reasons I haven't made more positive progress with RunRev since
> first discovered it some years ago is on account of the deficiencies in
the
> documentation. There has been a lot of discussion about this on the List
> recently, and I know you are paying attention to it and making
considerable
> improvements. However, as it stands, people who live in 3rd world
countries
> such as myself find it awfully expensive to buy hard copies of the docs,
> aggravated by the fact that we get punished twice over when we have to pay
> heavy import duties. There is, from my own point of view (and my 3rd world
> partners) a considerable case for the availability of more electronic
> documents for simple download.
>
> Recently, flexiblelearning.com took the trouble to make a PDF out of a
great
> number of the RunRev 2.12 docs. To me, this was a Godsend, since I can now
> get at the indexed info I need more easily. However, printing out the PDF
is
> quite a job, so what I felt the need for was a version of the docs that
was
> more flexible to navigate without the obligation to print. I therefore
> translated the PDF into HTML format for my own use. The result is far less
> pretty than the PDF, and the HTM file is far less suitable for printing.
But
> the advantage is that I can easily hop about between the items in the
> and the pages they point to.
>
> It occurs to me that some of my Runrev user colleagues might also find
this
> HTML file of use. However, the last thing I want to be accused of is
> undercutting your sales in any way. The documentation is not mine, it is
> yours, and only you can decide about what you think is the most
appropriate
> policy in relation to the types and availability of it. I would not dream
of
> making the HTML document available to other users unless you give the
> go-ahead.
>
> If you would like to examine the said revdocs.htm, it is available for
> download at http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/

Hi Bob,

Thanks for this!  We're continuing to make changes to the documentation and
expect to make a number of significant improvements in the next release.

All the best,

Kevin

On 29/4/04 10:08 pm, Robert J Warren <warren at howsoft.com> wrote:

> I would not dream of making the HTML document available to other users
unless
> you give the go-ahead.

We don't mind if you make this available.

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools