use-revolution Digest, Vol 7, Issue 164

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Tue Apr 27 00:41:19 EDT 2004

Ah.  Finally my point.  The difference is or was (with Metacard or
hypercard or other Xtalks) that standalones *were not* the assumed end
result.  Rather, the point is/was to produce *stacks*.  IDEs that fail
to function or require standalones to provide full functionality
violate the whole premise of Xtalks.  Unfortunately, *unlike Metacard*,
RR suffers from exactly that disability, which is why a very tiny
minority of us prefer the Metacard IDE.  Contrary to the hype, it is
not *just* a difference in IDEs, but a true difference in philosophy.

That said, *if* your point in using RR is to develop standalones, I
fail to understand the complaint.  Yes it doesn't dance well, but like
the dancing bear, one should be impressed that the IDE dances at all.

--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor