Maximum Print area [was: Re: Print cards with headers]

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 26 18:33:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:14:57 -0600, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 11:07 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
> > One way is to just assume a 3/8-inch margin at the sides and a half
> > inch at the top and bottom. Most ink jets support somewhat less than
> > that, and lasers have a side margin of somewhat more, but chances are
> > you'll only be off by 1/8 inch.
>
>There's gotta be a printer margin survey/review around someplace.  --

Not for printers yet unborn - the point is, a developer of commercial apps
can't know what printer his/her users are going to employ with said app.
Supposing for example the user wants to print on A6 cards (commonly used
with Epson printers in Europe for stuff like invitations and compliments
slips as well as photos), or maybe the user has one of the newer generation
Canon inkjets that allows edge-to-edge printing? Then the margins mentioned
by Jacque could be inappropriate, or at least could appear unnecessarily
restrictive to the user. IMO the only real option is for RR to allow script
access to the maximum print area (or minimum margins, which is the same
thing) known to the OS after a particular Page Setup action. If Graphic
Converter (Mac) and Microsoft Word (PC and Mac) can do it, why can't
RunRev? I think it's time for an enhancement request.

Graham