Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 16:58:13 EDT 2004

--- David Burgun <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> >Well I'd rather have an 'overactive' IDE that
> offers
> >to save every time I close a stack, then lose my
> work
> >because it didn't keep track well enough.
> >As Klaus noted, changing from browse mode to edit
> mode
> >is enough to trigger the IDE into 'edited' mode.
>
> The problem is that it should 100% NOT save it in
> this case!
> >
> >The global 'gREVStackStatus' is an array, that's
> why
> >it looks empty in the variable watcher. However,
> you
> >can check its content using :
> >--
> >   global gREVStackStatus
> >   answer gREVStackStatus["MyStackName"]
> >--
> >and then you can change it :
> >--
> >   global gREVStackStatus
> >   put empty into gREVStackStatus["MyStackName"]
> >--
> >
> >Hope this helped,
> >
> >Jan Schenkel.
>
> Yes, it helped a lot. I will look at this now. Do
> you mean that I
> should change this once in the Message Box to fix
> the problem
> forever, or do you mean to add this code into my
> stack?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Hi Dave,

I went digging through the IDE scripts, and found that
the global gREVStackSTatus isn' saved inside a custom
property or anything ; hence you must be doing
something that triggers the change to "edited" status
; in fact, it's enough to click in a field and not
even change anything, to chnge the status, since an
'openField' message will effectively change the stack
status to "edited" if I read the revFrontscript
correctly.

Not sure how to remedy it at this point, but I hope
this clarified it a bit,

Jan Schenkel.

=====