preserving resource forks under Windows

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Apr 26 13:37:22 EDT 2004

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I have an installation program built in Rev.  In one step of the
installation, I'm copying certain files to a server, including client setup
programs to be run at each network workstation (one for Windows, one for Mac
OS X, and one for Mac OS 9).  The Windows and OS X client setup programs
work fine, but the OS 9 one does not if I run my server installation on a
Windows machine (obviously because the resource forks are not getting
preserved).  So is there a way to do this from Rev?  I notice that if I copy
a file directly from my Mac to my Windows machine using the Finder, the
resource fork is placed in a file named something like "._myfile", which
seems to work okay.  Any ideas on how I can make this work using revCopyFile
or similar.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Development